All people have the right to feel included, safe and fairly treated. Via our work, we aim to positively impact the well-being of those living in the communities in which we operate. We aim to engage in ethical supply chains, including our approach to recruiting and managing staff. Furthermore, we aim to advance the reconciliation efforts of First Nations peoples.
- We have introduced HR systems that ensure our casual labour force in Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane are employed and paid fairly and according to the Australian standards set out in the Transport Award.
- We have drafted a Reconciliation Action Plan (RAP) to guide our efforts in reducing the social, economic or legal inequities experienced by Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples. Our RAP is currently being reviewed by Reconciliation Australia.
- Goals A+N is now a service provider to Wirrigan Business Services – a 100% Aboriginal-owned and operated managed services company. Click here to read more about our Wirrigan initiative.
- We have in place recruitment practices that promote equality of opportunity across gender, race or religious preferences. For example, we employ women in our casual relocation and IT work crews – an employment sector traditionally being male only. We also have several casual staff of the Islamic faith and ensure they have safe spaces on sites to adhere to their daily worshipping practices.
- Furthermore, we have engaged more than 300 community groups and not-for-profits in promoting free furniture via Green Furniture Hub.